Thursday, June 30, 2011

Darkness Of Night

I awoke suddenly in a startled fright,
Groping for the light switch in the darkness of night,
Even though I had heard no sound,
I felt presence in the room, no courage could be found.
The calmness of the night, brought a frosty chill,
As I was trying to decide, "What's this thing that I feel?"
My feet were planted to the floor, like the roots of a mighty oak tree,
Could it really be? Could it be Satan himself come after me?
What have I done? Where can I go?
This fiery being I'd rather not know.
It's been to long since God and I spoke,
That's why with this fear, that I suddenly awoke.
"Please God help me!" I cried but I knew it was to late.
It had been to long, I  knew that I shouldn't wait.
God said, "You knew what was right, but you filled your life with sin."
Now that is all that it takes, for Satan to win.
Now he's here after you and you call me in the darkness of night,
My advice to you is "Don't turn on the light!"

                                                                      L.G.V.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment