Saturday, July 2, 2011

Old Love Letters

Stained and deep creased pages I unfold,
I read them over these love letters of old.
With tear dimmed eyes and heart aching in pain,
Then I folded them up tenderly again.

Your sweet voice could reach me no more,
Every word of endearment my memory bore.
Spring and youth has past with the years,
My heart aches every beat, along with my tears.

In the distant future I would sit alone,
Moments of sorrow, broken hearted, weary and worn.
No logic sorrow knows I can only feel the pain,
As I folded the letters up, this time with shame.

I knew in my heart my days here were through,
Ending my lonely misery thinking of you.
Like a wail in the night wind my screams spoke,
As the sound of the gun shot, the silence broke.

                                                   L.G.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment